Monday, November 9, 2009

WOD from 11/05/09

Warm Up:
  • Jump Rope X 2:00
  • Double Under Practice X 5:00 - even if you don't hit a single double under, practice! I promise that even if you don't clear one DU, you will be sufficiently warmed up. If you are challenged with DU's, practice every week, perhaps every workout. Personally, I start most of my workouts with 100 singles and 50 DU's. I started this a few months ago as DU's were kicking my butt and I wanted to improve. Currently, I can knock out 50 with only a couple misses, even with the ropes I have here which are not the optimal rope for DU's. Go get 'em.
Stretch/Range of Motion:
  • We did lunges and cresent lunge stretch along with some hip openers and PVC pipe "pass throughs" to open the shoulders and chest.
Skillz and Drillz:
  • Review of the Barbell Deadlift - worked up to 5X5
  • Kettlebell Clean
WOD:
Not for time - focus on technique and efficientcy of movement.

3 rounds of the following:
  • Run 200 meters
  • Deadlift X 5
  • Pull Up X 5
  • Kettlebell Squat Clean X 5 each side - if no KB available you can sub with a dumbbell. If you cannot do the clean, just hold the weight in the "racked" position and do the squat instead
  • Overhead Walking Lunge X to end of driveway - holding weight plate, arms locked out overhead, shoulders lifted into ears to support weight
  • Stretch X 30 seconds each side - Kneeling Lunge into Pigeon Lunge (:15 seconds each pose)
The kettlebell "racked position"...Not to be confused with this "racked position"...

No comments:

Post a Comment