Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veteran's Day WOD

Here is a WOD that I programmed and did earlier today. The focus is on work capacity and endurance. There are some movements that we have not learned in our sessions, so you if you don't know them, you can substitute something in it's place. Personally, since I am only 10 days out from my race, I did this with more of an endurance approach and paced myself rather than blasting through for time.

Here you go:

3 rounds for time -
  • Kettlebell Turkish Getup (can use a dumbbell if you don't have a KB) X 3 each side Men @ 50# Women @ 25#-35#
  • Double Under X 10 (if you can't do double unders, do 40 regular jumps)
  • Pull Up X 5
  • Bench Step Up on tall bench/step X 10 each side
Recover 3:00 then...

3 rounds for time -
  • Barbell Hang Squat Clean X 5 Men @ 95# Women at 45#-65#
  • Knee's to Elbow's X 10 (go to CrossFit.com and click on "Exercises and Demos" and check out the video on how to do these; modify as needed)
  • Push Up X 20
  • Sit Up X 20
I did the first set in 17:00 and the second set in 12:00 - like I said, I was just pacing myself and not wanting to go anaerobic for too long. Looking back, a couple things I would have changed for me, or if I were wanting to amp up the intensity of this WOD I would do the following:
  • Up the Double Unders to 25, 10 is way too easy for me
  • Increase the Pull Ups to 6 or perhaps even 10
  • Do 20 step ups on each side
  • Increase the load on Hang Squat Clean to 115# or perhaps more, if feeling good.
Either way, the point of the WOD is geared towards work capacity and endurance which means it should take in the vicinity of 20+ minutes to complete.

Let me know if you complete this WOD by posting it on the "comments" section.

No comments:

Post a Comment