Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Can you Say "Bumper Plates"?

Earlier today I had the good fortune to come across the find of the times (at least for me), something that rarely comes up - I found a nice pile of used bumper plates. Not familiar with bumpers? No worries, you will soon find out. They work as weight plates for the Olympic bar, and the cool thing is they are the same diameter allowing your lifts from the floor to start in the ideal position and you can drop or "dump" the bar if needed and you don't have to worry about smashing the floor or breaking the plates.

Tomorrow is a heavier lifting day that I think you will "enjoy" : ) See you tomorrow.


Find of the times - used bumper plates! Oh, and those numbers on the plates 15, 20, 25 - that would be kilos, not pounds! That means 33, 44, and 55 pounds! We now have over 400 pounds of bumpers to work with. Time to get stronger, folks!

Until then, check out this cool video of Buddy Lee and you too will soon be doing double unders like nobody's business...

2 comments:

  1. Dude!!! Where did you get those!? Awesome snag!!!!


    I just made myself a Mace with some old weights and a bar from the next door.... Google Mace workouts and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I just saw this comment. I picked 'em up at Play it Again Sports up in Carmel. They had just arrived the afternoon before I came in. Def. and awesome snag.

    Ohhhh, a Mace. Sweet! I've seen a couple sites that sell them as well as War Hammers and whatnot - looks like fun, but I'd probably kill myself. Ha!

    ReplyDelete